Friday, December 31, 2010

Pendrell blouse made.

I guess it is fitting that on my final day of my 'no-clothes pledge' I end it by making a blouse. Over the past 6 months I have been trying (hard) to not buy any clothes and instead sew any new clothes I want. The pledge was off to a good start until I got a full time job (yippy!), when I went back to working a 40 hour week. Less time for sewing - but also less time for shopping. So it balanced out.

This is my final piece of clothing for 2010.

The Pendrell Blouse.

Made from Tana Lawn fabric Claire Aude in red by Liberty of London.

An original design by Sewaholic.

The cute pattern. I chose View A for my first blouse.

Sewing machine I have had for 12 years.

I traced the pattern onto Swedish tracing paper.

Cutting out.

Pleated sleeve detail.

Front.

Back.

Blurry side.

More detail.

Very happy with my new blouse!

This blouse only took a couple of hours to make, and fits perfectly. Tasia designed this blouse for pear shaped women, taking into account the size difference between the bust and hips. This blouse is very easy to make as it has no buttons or zippers. I was a little skeptical about how it would fit without these fastenings but it really does slip on and off easily.

You can purchase the pattern for this blouse here. Tasia is holding a Sew-Along for this blouse on her blog beginning January 10, 2011.

Wrap up of the 6 months no-clothes project.

Wishing you all a very safe and happy new year!
Sam xox

10 comments:

  1. Thats so cute ,I love the gathering on the sleeves .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blouse. The items you have made are all beautiful! I think my favorite is the peacock feather dress. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blouse!! I love the Liberty-print fabric you picked, it's so summery and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blouse, especially the sleeves, great job.
    Happy New Year.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam, your sewing is amazing! Everything looks so nice and fits you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your kind comments! Tasia I was thrilled to see your comment on here, seeing as the pattern is your beautiful design :-) I am definitely going to make this pattern again, in View B next I think as I would love to try the double ruffle sleeves!

    Thanks again, Sam xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blouse and the fabric you picked so dainty and sweet. I love it when young women are sewing. I grew up with it in the 50's and kind of got burned out but now I'm thinking of taking it up again as all you young girls are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same sewing machine. It's branded Kenmore, and I got mine 15 years ago when I finished High School - but it's the exact same machine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire Aude is one of my favorite Liberty fabric. It is a really great choice for Pendrell blouse. Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came via Tasia's blog to say I love your version of this blouse. Also - what a lovely cat in your banner!

    ReplyDelete