Sunday, February 21, 2010

My first attempt on my overlocker.

Declan and Marc called in today and have taken Jamie out on a 'day trip' to Coogee! Declan seemed very excited about the possibility of taking 'the cripple' out. I just hope they bring Jamie back in one piece, and with his crutch and sling :-p

So I am enjoying the piece and quiet (while it lasts) and decided to make a nightie. I purchased the fabric and lace a few weekends ago, but with everything happening I never got a chance to use it.

I think I need to get over locker lessons. The tension was totally screwed, and the only solution I could come up with was to remove one of the two needles (not the best way to troubleshoot!). It seemed to fix things, but obviously it is not the correct way.

Anyhow, I managed to get the nightie finished in a a little over two hours (including overlocker mucking around time wasted).

I am happy with the result. It fits well and is a nice length.

A close up of the top.

The front.

So this was a pretty easy pattern to follow. I really want to have a go at making a coat for winter! I was thinking of buying these patterns.


&

Kwik Sew Pattern 3679

(If you click on the patterns it will take you to their web page)

Sam xox

4 comments:

  1. Great job it's so pretty .I also had a look at the coat ,very nice .I also have a overlocker ,there a pain in the butt , mines easy to thread but I spend more time getting the tension right then I do sewing with it ,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a serger (overlocker) too. I used it quite a bit when we built the house to make curtains, pillows, etc. But I haven't used it for years! Mine is frustrating to thread, but I have made table napkins, and some other small projects. Maybe I ought to pull it out and give it another go! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Sam. I haven't been around for awhile so I was reading back. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband! I hope his young bones are healing quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you fixed my overlocker that day, or no one would have gotten their Christmas presents! You are obviously a natural with them. Love ally

    ReplyDelete