Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fashion design drawing course.

A while ago I read a positive review of the book Fashion Design Drawing Course (sadly I can't remember whose blog it was).

I went onto Amazon and had a look through the first couple of pages and liked what I read. The idea in the book of using something tangible in my environment to inspire my dressmaking I found really interesting. Currently I sew pretty safely, choosing patterns and fabric that are pretty conservative. The idea of beginning not with a pattern but with a colour, texture, or shape of something else entirely sounds quite liberating!

Whilst I may be jumping a little ahead of myself, as I have not yet purchased the book, I have identified my dressmaking inspiration! I am going to base my first piece on the acans corals my husband keeps in the fish tank in our living room...







At the moment I am thinking of working with plain cotton fabric and dye, with some embellishments too for shape... possibly making a skirt?

Sam xox

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see where your inspiration leads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The information in your blog is very informative. Keep up the good work. WLCI School of Fashion offers various courses and programmes in fashion courses, which are very interactive and prepares students for real fashion world.
    To Know More Information Visit:
    http://www.wlcifashion.in/

    ReplyDelete