I have made this recipe what feels like a hundred times of late, due to a recent combination of cheap banana prices and numerous afternoon tea dates. I stumbled across this recipe during my university years and it has been in my cooking notebook ever since. It is quick, easy, and turns out beautifully every time...
4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup butter - room temp!
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Use electric mixer to combine butter and bananas in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla until combined (mixture should lighten slightly).
- Sprinkle baking powder and salt onto mixture.
- Sift in flour and mix to combine.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf tin.
- Bake for one hour then cool on wire rack.
* Sometimes I like to add slices of banana along the top of the loaf.