Saturday, June 13, 2009

Craft day today.

So the girls and I got together again today for Craft Day.

Myself, Michelle and Mill.

We began by doing a Yoga class at our local University Gym. It was really good! My favorite position was one in which you sit legs tucked under, knees apart, and then stretch forward along the ground with your head on the ground. So comfortable!

We walked back to my place and got on with our craft!

Mill is still working on the latchhook rug she is making. Michelle knitted a bit of her scarf, and also hunted through my cookbooks for Xmas chicken recipes for our upcoming Xmas in July party we are having at her place.

I worked on my M is for Mudgee wallhanging quilt (quiltlet?).


As some of you might remember I fell in love with this quilt in the latest issue of Australian Patchwork and Quilting. Ruth Buchanan who designed it made it from a charm pack names "Cornucopia" by Fig Tree Quilts for Moda. I love the fabric in the quilt she made so hunted around to see where I could buy a charm pack. Found some on the American eBay site and the pack arrived on Friday!




I have sewn the background together, and at craft day today I made all the 1/4" bias strips for the flower stems.

Its so cold here at the moment. I love my slippers and heater!


Sam xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment