Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sentimental garden.

I wanted to show you another WIP (work in progress) I have on the go. This is a truly beautiful pattern that I am having real joy making. The idea is simple, but put together is impressive.

I found this quilt in an old issue of Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine. It is called Sentimental Garden.


I am currently making the flower blocks. The pattern is for a queen sized bed and calls for 40 of these flower blocks. So far I am 1/4 the way there. Not sure how long I will go for, I am thinking of perhaps making it a double, because I think a queensized quilt might be a bit tricky to manage.

When it is (eventually) finished my intentions are to hand quilt it with a simple 1/4" echo around the main seams and the flowers themselves.











Flowers thus far...

Sam xox

2 comments:

  1. I love your Sentimental Garden quilt and was wondering if you could tell me what of Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine it cam from?

    Thank you, Jan USA

    ReplyDelete