Friday, April 30, 2010

My vegetable garden.

This week I have been making preparations for a veggie patch I am building this weekend!

I found some very cheap packets of seeds (99c) at our local grocery store so I bought 6 different packets. I have planted them in this foam box, and after 4-6 weeks they will be ready for planting in my veggie garden.


I am building the veggie garden tomorrow. So far I have bricks and soil, just have to go to the garden store and pick up from compost and manure. I have been on the internet all evening researching what I can plant at this time of year. My options are:

Leaf Crops

Seedlings: Cos lettuce, Spinach, Leeks

Seeds: Radish


Root Crops

Seedlings: Beetroot, Carrots,

Seeds: Parsnips, Turnips, Swedes


Cabbage Crops

Cover with straw – don’t over fertalise as legumes produce their own nitrogen

Seedlings: Cabbage, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Peas, Broad Beans


Lots to pick from (sorry about the pun!)

I will post pictures of my veggie patch tomorrow.

Sam xox

0 comments:

Post a Comment